13th of April, 2023
Major enhancement to roles and permissions
We have significantly reworked roles and permissions within Monitor to provide a more secure experience for teams operating within a tenant.
We now provide security at the project level, allowing you to control what users can see and edit within your tenant.
We have removed the ‘Author’ role at the tenant level and replaced it with the ‘Project Creator’ role. This allows an Administrator to choose which users are allowed to create their own projects. Optionally you can choose to only allow Administrators to perform this function.
At the project level, we have added the following roles.
- Owner – Assigning a user to this role will allow them to perform all roles within a project, including assigning users to roles within a project.
- Contributor – Assigning a user to this role will allow them to create and edit rules within a project, this is like the previous Author role, but limited to that project.
- Member – Assigning a user to this role will allow the user to see and edit all row data within rules in that project.
- Limited Member – This is not an editable role but will now show you users that have been communicated/assigned to in a rule(s) within your project. Previously you could not see this via the UI.
In addition, as an Administrator you can now limit connections to be available to certain projects only. This is useful for sensitive connections that should not be used by other teams.
Project members can still create their own connections, and by default these connections will only be available to the project they were created in.
As part of the migration process, all existing Authors will be moved to the Project Creator role at the tenant level, and to Project Owner role at the project level. You can then remove users from projects as you see fit.
Created by and Modified By
We have now added the ability for Monitor to store the user who created or updated a row(s) in a Monitor rule. This will provide the ability to audit and track who is making changes to row data.
This applies to.
- New records coming in via running a rule interactively in the UI.
- When the rule is run on a schedule from Integrate, the Created By/Modified By will show ‘System Account’.
- Custom fields or manual rule data being edited in the UI.
- Importing new or updated records via Excel Import.
The Created By and Updated By fields are present but hidden in the results view, you can use the column selector to show these fields and view the user making changes.
You will need to update your agent and re-run the rule before this data will begin being tracked. Existing data will not be updated with a user.
Custom lockout of row editing
We have now added the ability for you to lock rows within your rules (source data rules only). You can supply a boolean field in your source query and then configure this column as the lockout column. When the field is true, users will not be able to edit that row in the UI. When the value is false, they will be able to edit the row.
- Alphabetized the top right menu.
- Improved performance of UI and API.
- Improved security of OAuth login process.
- Improved performance of notifications service.
- Added the ability to communicate how many new records are present in a rule by adding a new draggable token to the communications screen.
- The new connection slideout will now default to the first online agent.
- Added a tooltip to the rule description on the rules list within a project, this will show the entire description on mouse over.
- Changed the excel export page to default exporting with the current view, you can uncheck to export the default view.
- Fixed an issue where user sourced datetime columns were treated as UTC values and converted in the UI for display, dates will be displayed as is with no conversion now.
- Fixed an issue where you would be stuck on a blank screen if you were trying to edit a row when another user runs the rule again.
- Fixed an issue where Mismatches on a reconciliation rule showed the left hand value in both left hand and right hand sides.
- Fixed an issue where the key icon did not display on manual reference rules for key columns.
- Fixed an issue where you could not update a project with the same name but different casing.
This update requires agent version - 2023.04.12.1
Please download a new install script and update your agent to use new features, improvements, and fixes.
- We have added Created By and Updated By fields to results tables. To use Created By and Updated By you will need to update your agent. Read more above.
- We have added Custom Lockouts. To use Custom Lockouts you will need to update your agent. Read more above.
- Added the ability to specify an alternative log file path and/or specify debug level logging by adding the following to the
appsettings.json of the agent. These settings will be added to the agent installation wizard in a future release.
- You can combine the path setting with an attached file share to an Azure Container Instance to send log files to an Azure file share for easy retrieval see documentation.
//Both Path and Level are optional settings, you need only specify the value you want
level: 'Information' //Where level could be Error, Warning, Information, Debug
- Fixed an issue where you could not use a custom list field as part of a manual rule key.
- Fixed an issue where the Monitor agent did not work with proxies.
- Fixed an issue where adding a new column in an excel export did not import all rows when importing the spreadsheet back in to a rule.
- Fixed an issue where the Loome Agent might crash while trying to log while offline.
- Fixed an issue where excel import to a monitor rule would fail if columns contained underscores.
- Fixed an issue where rows were duplicated in the LM__MAPPING when updating a rule or project name, they will now correctly update the existing rule record.
- Fixed an issue where Excel Import would not update custom fields where the custom field has a space in the field name.